|Ravenscraig Castle , Kirkcaldy KY1 2QG|
|Ravenscraig Castle Website|
|Follow histenvscot on Twitter|
Ravenscraig Castle was begun for Queen Mary of Gueldres in 1460. But its time as a royal residence was short-lived, and the castle was soon granted to the Sinclair family.
The Sinclairs completed the castle, building its massive 3.5m-thick walls, showing the impact of gunpowder artillery on castle design.
Ravenscraig Castle is free to visit and open year-round.
Only the exterior of the castle can be viewed.
On the eastern outskirts of Kirkcaldy, off the A955 Dysart Road.
All information (whether in text or photographs) is supplied in good faith but should not be relied upon as being a statement of representation or fact. We take every opportunity to ensure the details for Ravenscraig Castle are accurate, please contact us at hello[@]whatsonnetwork.co.uk if any of the above information is incorrect.