|Blackfriars Chapel South Street, St Andrews KY16 9EH|
|Blackfriars Chapel Website|
|Follow histenvscot on Twitter|
|Facebook information can be found here|
Blackfriars Chapel was built in the 1520s as an addition to the church of the Dominican Friars, built about 10 years earlier.
It didn’t last long, though – in 1559, Protestant reformers ‘violently expelled’ the friars ‘from their destroyed place’. Soon this chapel was all that remained of the friary. It now stands on a busy street in St Andrews.
All information (whether in text or photographs) is supplied in good faith but should not be relied upon as being a statement of representation or fact. We take every opportunity to ensure the details for Blackfriars Chapel are accurate, please contact us at hello[@]whatsonnetwork.co.uk if any of the above information is incorrect.